Terms and Conditions
- All information on this page, on the entry form page, and on the "Carnivorous Marsupial Challenge" competition description page constitutes part of the terms and conditions.
- Only one entry may be submitted per unique email address
- In the event that more than one entry is received for a given email address, only the first entry received shall be considered valid. All subsequent entries for that email address shall be considered invalid and unable to qualify for the prize
- Animals may be described by their common names; scientific names are not required.
- As there are two species of quoll depicted, any entry describing one of the animals as simply a "quoll" shall be deemed incorrect and unable to qualify for the prize
- A correct entry is defined as one in which all fifteen (15) animals are correctly identified to the species level (even if only by common name)
- Any entry which does not correctly identify all fifteen (15) animals to the species level (even if only by common name) shall be deemend incorrect and unable to qualify for the prize
- Entries received after the closing time of midnight on the night of Friday 31st August 2007 AEST shall be deemed invalid an unable to qualify for the prize
- One entry from those entries which are both valid and correct, shall be chosen at random by Where Light Meets Dark within one week of the competition closing date and deemed the winner.
- The winner will receive a confirmation email within one week of the draw via the email address submitted with the winning entry
- The winner must reply to the confirmation email within one week of its being sent to the winner, and provide Where Light Meets Dark with a postal address to which the prize should be shipped.
- The prize will be sent to the winner within one week of receiving the delivery address from the winner
- The winner is requested - but not required - to confirm receipt of the prize via email
- Any entry failing to meet all terms of the competition - including the requirements to respond to emails and provide a shipping address - shall be deemed invalid and unable to qualify for the prize
- In the event that a winning entry becomes invalid due to failure to meet the communication requirements, Where Light Meets Dark reserves the right at its sole discretion to randomly choose a new winning entry from the original set of correct, valid entries
- In the event that there are no correct entries, a winner shall be randomly chosen from the entire set of valid entries
- Yes, one photo is designed to throw you off course and I will accept either of two species for it :)
- Entry is open to everyone but persons under the age of 18 years must obtain parental or guardian approval prior to entering
Where Light Meets Dark values your privacy.
All entries submitted as part of this competition will be stored in a database residing on a web server controlled by the web hosting company used by Where Light Meets Dark. From time to time during the course of the competition, entries may be moved or copied from the database to the Where Light Meets Dark website operator's personal computer or other computer under the Where Light Meets Dark website operator's control.
As Where Light Meets Dark does not and can not have complete and secure control over the storage media being used, nor the security of the transaction which moves data from the database to a computer under the control of the website operator, Where Light Meets Dark does not and can not guarantee privacy of the entries submitted.
Email addresses submitted as part of the competition will not be sold or otherwise intentionally disclosed to any other party. No email will be sent by Where Light Meets Dark to any of the submitted email addresses except for the confirmation email and subsequent emails which are sent to the winner of the competition.
All email addresses submitted as part of the competition will be destroyed within one week of confirmation of the prize being received by the winner, or within one month of the prize being sent to the winner, or by midnight on 31 December 2007, whichever comes first.
By entering the competition you are indicating acceptance of all terms and conditions, including terms and conditions of privacy.
There is one (1) prize consisting of:
- one (1) copy of the book titled "Elementum Bestia" valued at approximately US$11.99, edited by Craig Heinselman, and
- associated postage to the address nominated by the winner to the approximate maximum value of US$20.00.
Total maximum prize value is approximately US$32.00 and shall be no more than US$50.00. The value is approximate due to the uncertainty of the shipping address of the winner.
Where Light Meets Dark reserves the right not to issue the prize.
Aim of the Competition
The aims of the competition are educational, being
- to promote awareness of Australian wildlife,
- to encourage entrants to proactively learn more about carnivorous marsupials,
- to demonstrate the similarities and differences in morphology of those animals depicted in the competition.
As such, this competition is also an excercise in critically examining photographic evidence.
The image depicted in this competition is a new original work created by, and copyright to (2007), the operator of Where Light Meets Dark.
This image has been compiled using portions of photographs which may be copyright to other parties. The operator of Where Light Meets Dark believes his usage of these photographs in constructing the new composite is not in breach of copyright for the following reasons:
- In some cases the original photographs are no longer subject to copyright due to their age
- In some cases the copyright owner(s) have granted permision for the operator of Where Light Meets Dark to publish their photos on the Where Light Meets Dark website
- In some cases the operator of Where Light Meets Dark is the copyright holder for the images
- In all cases only a portion of the original photograph has been used
- In most cases the original image has been transformed from colour to grayscale
- In many cases a graphics filter has been applied to the image
- In most cases the image's contrast, brightness and gamma levels have been adjusted
Where Light Meets Dark treats copyright seriously. Any enquiries or contentions relating to copyright should be directed to the website operator via the online feedback form.
You are free to copy and redistribute the competition image which depicts the fifteen animals.
In fact, I'd love you to mail it to someone! :)